[meteorite-list] Meteorite Hunting Personal Locator Beacon

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:36:17 -0800 (PST)

George and List,

  Thank you George! Thank you for your valuable comments and experience.

BTW; what was the background sound (radio-like transmission) on the CBS news report posted on YouTube on my site? Please take a close listen to the part where they are interviewing the former Ambassador. This signal appears at least in two intervals.

I am asking about all types of PLB in locations that are far away from civilization such as deserts overseas where air traffic and rescue may be a challenge. All meteorite hunters should consider this tool possibility. Not all places have phone coverage.

Wikipedia for more types of PLB devices: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_radiobeacon

Dirk Ross...Tokyo