[meteorite-list] Wow! what a meteor this morning, Fragmented.

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:43:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,

I cannot beleave the Bolite I seen this morning at 4:20 or 4:25AM, I was outside
setting on my daughters deck
drinking coffee in the cold,(waiting to go hunting)?when looking south, The
bigest, brighest? "slow moving" meteor I have ever seen came out of the western
sky and headed south east. I was in Monroe Ohio, which is between Cincinnati and
Dayton. It cam in very low in the sky! with sparks trailing

As it was 10 to?15 degrees above the Horizon There was a Very Bright Flash that
lit up the sky and it looked like
the front or bottom blew out as it fragmented.

At this Time it entered the City sky light, of west Chester,ohio which is
directly south of Monroe, and I lost sight of it complety. This is the 1st one
like this I have ever seen and will never forget it. It was far enough away that
I heard no sound.

There must be alot people traveling south on I-75 and I-71 who seen this, so we
should here more reports today.

Also, I now see why some people think there seeing a jet on fire, It was moving
at the speed you would think a jet would. MY 1ST, WAY TOO COOL!

DAVE