[meteorite-list] AD, New Offerings - Iridium, Tagish Lake, Mount Egerton, Henbury, and Clearance items!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:53:15 -0400

Hi Collectors and Listees,

I have some exciting new micromounts to announce. Three of these are
brand new to me and I have never offered them before now.

Before I get to the new items, let me thank everyone who participated
in October's "fire sale". There were some great bargains to go around
and I still have a few items from my personal collection to liquidate.
 These are now listed under the "Clearance Sale" category on my
website. Every item in that category has been greatly reduced in
price. And, you can use your coupon code discount in addition to the
clearance price - savings on these items will be quite substantial.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/clearance-sale

------> Use the coupon code "metlist" at checkout for an additional
20% OFF your entire order, including clearance items!

NEW OFFERINGS :

Pure elemental Iridium - extremely rare on Earth, but common in
meteorites. This exotic metal is considered to be one of the
indicators of meteorite impact. The presence of high levels of this
element in the KT boundary layer is one of the proofs of the Dinosaur
Extinction impact event at Chicxulub. This Iridium was produced via
vapor deposition as a byproduct of an industrial process. It is pure
and in crystalline form. I only have a limited quantity of this rare
element in micromount form. Each micromount comes with a labelled
gemjar for safe storage.

IRIDIUM - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/iridium--rare-metal-element-hallmark-of-meteorite-impact

Tagish Lake, C2-ungrouped carbonaceous meteorite - Tagish Lake is a
witnessed fall meteorite from Canada in the year 2000. It is a
pristine, black material that is unlike any other known meteorite.
This carbonaceous chondrite contains more nanodiamonds than any other
meteorite studied by science. Tagish Lake represents a pristine
material that has been spared the violence of impact and heat
alteration. It is thought that the parent body is an asteroid in the
dark reaches of the outer main belt. There has also been some
discussion that this meteorite may represent a cometary-type body. I
have a limited quantity of this meteorite in micromount form - each
specimen comes in a labelled gemjar for safe storage.

TAGISH LAKE - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/tagish-lake-exotic-and-rare-c2-ungrouped-meteorite-witnessed-fall

Mount Egerton aubrite - This classic enstatite aubrite was first found
in rural Australia in 1941. While not considered as
historically-significant as Norton County, this meteorite is
nonetheless an important achondrite from down under, and no collection
should be without a sample. I have generously-sized micromounts that
come in labelled gemjars.

MOUNT EGERTON -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mount-egerton--australian-aubrite-meteorite--enstatite-achondrite

Henbury iron meteorite - these are high quality small specimens that
were collected many years ago. These exhibit sculpted organic shapes
and they have a nice natural patina. I only have a handful of these
exquisite little irons. Each one comes with a labelled gemjar.

HENBURY - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/henbury--classic-australian-iron-meteorite--impact-craters

CLEARANCE ITEMS :

These items have been reduced in price, and you can take an additional
20% off using the "metlist" coupon at checkout. Some of these items
would make nice gifts or stocking stuffers. See the following link
for photos and descriptions of all clearance items -

CLEARANCE - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/clearance-sale

CUTTING AND POLISHING SERVICE :

I will cut and polish your meteorite specimen. Need a meteorite cut
for classification or resale? See the following link for more details
about my cutting and polishing service. I can provide referrals from
many satisfied clients. Note - I only cut small specimens.

CUTTING SERVICE -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-cutting-services-i-cut-your-meteorite

METEORITE TOP SITES LIST :

See all the best dealers, collections, and informational sites on the
web. Anything and everything that is meteorite-related is welcomed
here, and I invite webmasters to contact me about linking websites.
Get your site listed on the Meteorite Top Sites and receive free
traffic!

METEORITE TOP SITES - http://meteorite.gotop100.com/

See all of the newest offerings here -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new/?page=1&s=newest

Feel free to contact me off-list with any questions or requests -
mike at galactic-stone.com

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com