[meteorite-list] Smithville man almost hit by meteorite

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 14:20:15 +0100

Looks no good at all.
If a meteorite at all - corroded.

Gerrit strikes again. (btw. the pebble, he claimed to have hit his arm, was later analyzed in Berlin to be terrestrial of course. Note that no dementi followed in world press...)

Could someone please email Dr.Zurawski to ask him to be cautious in this case?
I don't know, which experiences he has with meteorites.

Because such hoaxes are later horribly difficult to be removed from the Bulletins again.
Here in Germany e.g. the Sikhote-shrapnel claimed to have been found in Bavaria, named "Inningen" is after 12 years still not deleted from the Bulletin database,
As well as the faked find of a desert chondrite in Saxonia 6 years ago, called "Koenigsbr?ck" wasn't removed neither (and I guess it is still exhibited in Berlin).

Thanks!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----