[meteorite-list] Secret BLM maps

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:03:26 -0400

Vertebrate fossils are also rocks. So are petroglyphs and many other
cultural artifacts. Do you protest regulations prohibiting their
collection? I understand your frustration, but you have to keep things
in perspective. This is not a question of rights. It is a question of
regulation. I praise BLM officials for recognizing that meteorites are
distinct from ordinary rocks in the same way that these other materials
are. The community should have the goal of working with federal
agencies to promote sensible regulations.

Jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383