[meteorite-list] Secret BLM maps

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

I agree that these heritage sites should be protected. My only concern is how
BLM field agents convey information. They are public servants and should tell
the truth. If they do not know the laws, then they should simply state this
instead of making things up. I get a different message from every one I have
talked to in regards to meteorite hunting. Washington and Oregon are now
definitely off limits and there are no permits for meteorite hunting available.
This is a simple way to violet somebodies rights; Tell them they need a permit
and then don't issue any.

This is a sore subject for me since I can no longer search on public lands in my
ex-state of Washington Thus never achieving a goal I set. Meteorites are now
considered treasure and will be protected as such in some areas.

Best Regards,

Adam