[meteorite-list] Secret BLM maps ?

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:31:40 -0700

Hi Thomas,
There are petroglyphs all over the desert Southwest and many of the best are
not recorded on public sources. There are many scholarly sources that show
these sights, but that means you need access to the archeological peer
reviewed journals to find them.

I've found that many times I might be looking down at the dry lake for
meteorites and don't find anything, but if I spend 20 minutes going up a
canyon I'll find other treasures. This could be petroglyphs, stone tools, or
even a buffalo jump of two on the eastern side of the Rockies. The caves are
everywhere, even here in the San Francisco Bay Area there are outcrops in
the coastal mountains that have evidence of early life, particularly stone
tools and carvings.

Do they have secret maps? Maybe, but I've never found any, even back when I
did land title data work for the BLM.

Rob Holcomb
Meteorite Boxes for collectors,
http://www.rholcomb.com