[meteorite-list] Mojave Impact site pictures

From: ontheroad at usairborne.com <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:52:52 -0700

Hi List Here is a 3hr flight I took today out across the Mojave Desert
looking for my next meteorite hunting location. I ran across what looked to
be a impact site of who knows what?I landed by it & investigated it closer.
Maybe something from the military ? What ever it was it burnt the Playa
quite good. Some one cleaned up what ever was in the biggest areas of
impact. Maybe a runaway flare?Here are some of my other shots from the sky.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41101&id=100000097188302&l=daf923a774

Here Is A Documentary film I did with a French film crew out across the
great western USA Deserts. You will see lots of the dry lake beds we all
hunt on in it.

http://www.vimeo.com/16362702

Scott Johnson
U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC