[meteorite-list] AD: Worried about meteorite storage? I've got boxes galore!

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 23:13:30 -0700

Hello Meteorite Friends!
I posted a nice selection of meteorite boxes on my website,
http://www.rholcomb.com, ranging from small 1" x 2" x 0.75" clear acrylic
boxes to 9.5" cubes to hold your large samples. All boxes are made from
clear acrylic/styrene and can be sealed permanently if desired (as a service
since I can't ship the solvent or you can get it done at most local plastics
shops.).

There is also an option to include a silicone elastomeric liner if you
desire to prevent sliding around and scratching the box. The silicone
doesn't outgas acetic acid or methanol, instead it is a platinum catalyzed
product that retains a night tackiness.

Two items that you'll want to include in your box are desiccant packets or
small drying button and a humidity indicator. They are on order and should
be available this week.

I am also working on a slice holder that allows all of the surface of the
slice to be viewed or even displayed with a rear illuminating light. It is a
little different that the Membrane Box. Here's a little movie showing how my
idea works, http://4-kats.homeip.net/auctionpics/MBoxes/slicebox.mp4

Hope you find this interesting and appropriate.

Rob Holcomb
http://www.rholcomb.com/