[meteorite-list] Who prepared the first published meteorite catalogue?

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:57:07 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for bringing Lucas'?catalog to our attention Mark. I wasn't aware of this
interesting work until you mentioned it.?
?
As far as early ctalogs exclusively featuring meteorites are concerned, you may
also find Ernst Florens Friedrich Chladni's meteorite catalog
interesting.?Chladni published?the catalog of his personal collection?in 1825
and thus it predates at least Cordier's 1837?work (though not Schreiber's
appendix to Chladni's "Feuermeteore" as you pointed out correctly).
?
The complete title of the work is "E.F.F. Chladni's Beschreibung seiner Sammlung
vom Himmel herabgefallener Massen. Nebst einigen allgemeinen Bemerkungen. The
descriptive 40 page catalog was printed in Kastner's Archiv fuer die gesamte
Naturlehre", Vol. IV in Nuernberg in 1825 (p.200-p.240).
?
Best regards
?
Svend