[meteorite-list] OR man finds meteorite on roadside 11yrs ago

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 18:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joe and Listees,

Actually, I did read of this find some time ago. I can't recall where, or when, but at the time I didn't know anything about meteorites. As I remember, the story stated that this gentleman had been driving along a logging access road that had been improved by blading and graveling when he saw a rock that was too large in the roadway. He got out and picked it up to throw it out of the way when he noticed it was heavy and different from the other rocks and gravel, so he kept it. I recall that many years later he had been told it was probably a meteorite and that it had evidentally been part of a load of gravel that had been trucked in from some other area to dress the road. What I read didn't speculate on it's terrestrial, or cosmic age, as I recall.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536