[meteorite-list] NEWS: Almahata Sitta meteorite

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 16:47:00 EDT

Hello Mike, and all,

That possibility has already been considered but a study of the isotopes
did prove that this was not the case.
It is one meteorite made up of many fragments.

One very well-known meteoriticist called it "a garbage pile"! ;-)

I prefer to call it a rubble pile, a loose conglomerate of many disparate
fragments, that shattered upon entry. If you would like to read more about
it, here is a link to the latest abstract written by Professor Bischoff and
soon to be published in MAPS: _http://www.impactika.com/as-maps.pdf_
(http://www.impactika.com/as-maps.pdf)

Or you can read an earlier and abridged version on my website:
_http://www.impactika.com/ASitta.doc_ (http://www.impactika.com/ASitta.doc) at the
bottom of the page, after the list of the pieces available.

Enjoy.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 5/30/2010 1:39:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,