[meteorite-list] NEWS: Almahata Sitta meteorite

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:49:39 -0400

Hi List,

I have always wondered about the multiple lithologies of this fall.
Is it possible that the multiple lithologies represent more than one
meteorite find? Did the Almahata Sitta ureilite fall into an existing
strewnfield and all of the meteorites got mixed during the recovery?
Has anyone tested the various lithologies to see if they are in fact
related?

Best regards,

MikeG

On 5/28/10, siegfried at haberer-meteorite.de