[meteorite-list] AD - New Collector Rock TRADE

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 14:20:05 EDT

>>Geodes - Hauser Beds, Southern California
> - Uncut 'nodules' up too 8cm across.
> - note, some may not be hollow inside.<<

Just so that some folks are aware about the Hauser Beds...Back in the 70's
I dug up a couple hundred of these geodes and opened everyone of them up.
The heavy one's were the nodules (solid inside) and they didn't look too
bad, but weren't very colorful. The hollow one's were a bit of a
disappointment. They weren't really all that pretty. The one's that had crystals, the
crystals were small. A good lot of them had no crystals at all and contained
some kind of pink stuff. These went into the land fill as fast as I could
crack them open.
GeoZay