[meteorite-list] School giveaways

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:07:03 -0700 (PDT)

I have been asked to post pics of the displays I offer to public schools in my area and to tell a little about them...
Here is what it looks like:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF4707.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF4708.jpg

Here is how I put it together:
Case - Walmart sells these awesome 12 tray cases for only $2.00 each
Labels - I use the avery 42895 labels, they fit very well
Stones - Various Earth stones and a meteorite end cut.
I like to use raw emeralds and rubies along with a few polished (tumbled) stones, assorted crystals, dinosaur bone fragments and pyrite.

The cost out of pocket to put one together is under $5.00 per display and they go over very well with the schools, both teachers and students love them!

Hope all is well.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682