[meteorite-list] Meteorite legistration

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:47:59 -0700 (PDT)

Any such attempt would have to be worded very carefully and clearly to avoid any possible disputes that would arise and also have an established system in place to resolve such disputes.

A comment such as "a new law where any meteorite found becomes the
exclusive property of the finder." scares me really bad.

I own my land and would have major issues with someone finding a meteorite on my property and trying to keep it under such law as stated.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites