[meteorite-list] This is fun to read...

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 11:05:19 -0400

Hi Eric and List,

I actually don't know for sure. I have not tried to pursue a scammer.
 But it seems to me that it would be easier to get law enforcement
involved if an actual crime had already taken place - instead of
someone offering supposedly-fake meteorites. The problem for the good
guys is, the cops have no way of knowing what a legit or fake
meteorite is, so it's not a cut and dry case of attempted fraud. I am
not an attorney, nor do I have any law enforcement experience - but
both careers are represented by members of this list, so maybe they
can chime in with more qualified advice.

Best regards,

MikeG