[meteorite-list] This is fun to read...

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:46:49 -0400

Hi List,

Perhaps someone nailed him for fraud. Offering a fake item for sale
is one thing. Using the US Mail system to carry out fraud is another.
  The moment the payment is accepted, the seller's fate is sealed.

The way to nail scammers (in the US) is :

1) purchase the cheapest meteorite they have.

2) (ask a ton of questions centering on authenticity and save all
emails in the discussion) - Make sure you ask the right questions
during the purchase process - some of the answers given will be lies
and this will help establish intent later in the law enforcement
investigation.

3) pay for the item with a USPS Postal Money Order

4) have it analyzed and confirmed as bogus, then print a lab report
that a layman can read.

5) contact the postal service and law enforcement - by cashing the
postal money order as part of a fraud, the seller is committing a
second felony on top of the original mail fraud charge.

I wouldn't even bother with contacting eBay - that is like talking to
a head of cabbage. Let law enforcement get in touch with eBay during
the course of the fraud investigation done by the cops.

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG