[meteorite-list] East Coast Fireball - May 10th, 2010

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:54:33 -0400

I imported the AMS reports from Monday morning's reported fireball
into google earth. Based on witness reports on the AMS and Frank
Roylance's blog it sounded like a pretty big possibly meteorite
dropping event. 33 AMS reports for 4:45 AM is a lot. It was sighted as
far south as South Carolina and as far north as Massachusetts. Reports
of fragmentation etc.

But... as far as I can tell this thing flew over and landed in the
Atlantic. Would be interested in hearing second opinions.

I posted a map image of the observations and the google earth file on my blog.

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/comets/east-coast-fireball-may-10th-2010-445-am/