[meteorite-list] Public Meteorite Collections - Google Earth

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:48:55 -0700 (PDT)

The links below (both are the same) will direct you to a download of a Google Earth file that contains many "must see" public meteorite collections around the world. I have included a few smaller collections too.

http://fullmoonphotography.net/images/Meteorites/Public_Meteorite_Collections_V3.kmz

http://tinyurl.com/2eod6rq

I started this project some time ago (over a year) but other things came to the front of the line and it had been put off. Researching a little bit on Cape York revealed two others I hadn't included in the original unfinished version, so I added them and uploaded the file to my website.

I have also uploaded a GPS version to the POI Factory website for people who use GPSr units in their vehicle. This version has not gone live yet. When it does I'll post that url too.

If anyone knows of any "must see" public collections that I missed. Let me know. I'm interested in including small collections if they are a specialty, such as only meteorites only from that country, state or province, or very rare types that can't be seen anywhere else.

Even if you don't have other collections to suggest, feedback is always appreciated.

Remember, you MUST have Google Earth installed on your computer to use this file!

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography