[meteorite-list] Kainsaz CO3 Individual - Crusted Mt. Tazerzait - 14 kg Gibeon - AD

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:13:30 +0200 (CEST)

?
Ladies & gentlemen,
?
I have been offered two superior collection pieces which are beyond my own
acquisition capabilities, and which I would like to make available to other
curators/collectors. Additionally I?d like to take the opportunity to offer a
meteorite from my own inventory.
?
The first specimen is a fusion crusted 340 g individual of the Kainsaz CO3.2
carbonaceous chondrite which fell near Muslyumovo, Tartastan on September 13,
1937. The specimen was found in April this year and is one of only two pieces
found within the last two years. It was recovered from a depth of 12 cm in the
central part of the strewnfield. Although Kainsaz is a historic fall and one of
only six CO3s which have been seen to fall, the owner priced it at just 25
USD/g. Photos including an in situ shot can bee seen here:
?
http://www.meteorite-recon.com/images/Kainsaz_340g%20.pdf
?
The second meteorite is a crusted 1.8 kg fragment of the L5 chondrite Mount
Tazerzait, a witnessed fall from August 21, 1991 from the Republic of Niger. In
contrast to most other chondrites the highly porous material underwent very
little compaction and rather resembles a pyroclastic welded rock, much like
Baszkowka. Mount Tazerzait has been extensively studied. It is believed to
represent material resulting from gravitationally induced accretion of a hot
cloud of debris on the surface of an asteroid following the collision of two
planetesimals. The price is 1.9 USD/g
Some photos may be found here:
?
http://www.meteorite-recon.com/images/Mount_Tazerzait_1.8%20kg.pdf
?
?
The third specimen is a heavily sculpted 14.7 kg Gibeon iron meteorite with deep
regmaglypts and uncleaned natural patina. A side note for the art connoisseurs:
this meteorite was part of the installation ?Cloud Paintings? by Sigmar Polke
displayed by the NY based art gallery Michael Werner on the art basel in 2009.
The price for this exceptional display piece is 490 USD/kg. Please view some
photos here:
?
http://www.meteorite-recon.com/images/Gibeon_14kg%20.pdf
?
Thanks for your interest, have a great day!
?
Svend