[meteorite-list] Colorado Shool of Mines and Tech Meteorite exhibit

From: hxmendoza <hxmendoza_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

Thank for posting this for me Gary!

Sorry folks, but I had tried to post the link about eight times on my
own but it would never post!

But when I just tried to post those two "Tests" they worked just fine.
I still haven't got a clue why it wouldn't post for me.

Anyway it's a pretty nice collection of meteorites. So if any of you
come out to Denver for the Gem and Mineral Show in September, try to
set aside some time to visit the geology museum. It puts what the
Denver Museum of Nature and Science (DMNS) has on display to great
shame.

As a side note. DMNS has a roughly 1cm sized piece of moon rock off of
one of the parent Apollo 17 specimens on display. It is reposited
there by NASA thru Mercury Astronaut Scott Carpenter. It is encased in
lucite.

A roughly 3 to 4 inch piece of the biggest moon rock brought back by
Apollo 15 is on display at the student center at University of
Colorado in Boulder. It's a beautiful specimen. O think the parent
specime is 15555. But that's off the top of my head so don't hold me
to that ID.

Best regards,
Henry Mendoza
Aurora, CO