[meteorite-list] WI fall price...wow!

From: ensoramanda at ntlworld.com <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 9:47:12 +0100

Yes...definitely the best deal for Almahatta Sitta from Anne and as she said its not an ordinary chondrite. Almahatta Sitta is probably one of the most important falls ever due to it's discovery, circumstances of fall, recovery and ongoing science. Also micro's nearly always sell for many times larger slices or individuals....that's why Steve's small part slices are selling for more per gram. I was commenting on Michaels hammer as an individual. No doubt if it ever gets sliced it will sell for even more per gram...even though it is an ordinary chondrite which happens to have hit something.

I know I would rather spend my money on the Almahatta Sitta or a large classified Bassikounou or something similar with a great character that displays well. Then that goes down to personal preference. If you collect hammers than I suppose it may be a bargain.

Each collector has their own focus.

Regards,

Graham,

UK