[meteorite-list] Is Fake Trinitite Being Sold on the Open Market?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 19:26:26 -0700

Hi Paul,
        Wikipedia is such an unreliable source of information I will
Not allow students to cite it in any papers. Wikipedia is nothing
More that a compendium of information (or misinformation)
Submitted by its own readers. It therefore has zero credibility as
an academic resource.
        You or your 10 year old nephew or demented brother in law
(not that YOU have a demented b.i.l) can submit "information."
Therefore, how can one rely on any of the "information" being
Accurate? That does not mean I do not ever look at Wikipedia,
but would never assume accuracy aside from supportive sources
far more reliable.
        Best wishes, Michael