[meteorite-list] FW: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - May 8, 2010

From: thetoprok at aol.com <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 19:43:04 +0000

Test

-----Original Message-----
From: "JoshuaTreeMuseum" <joshuatreemuseum at embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 15:25:59
To: <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] FW: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - May 8,
        2010

Hi Joe,

You misunderstood my post. I never said the links were from Larry, the
Franconia meteorwrong guy. They're from some other meteorwrong guy. But I
guess I can see how you infered that. I was trying to illustrate the point
that something found in a known strewn field doth not a meteorite maketh.

Phil Whitmer

----------------------

Those ebay links you provided were not listed by Larry, the guy who owns the
Franconia iron, which I believe could very well be an iron meteorite, but
not 100% sure.
I have some Franonia irons with odd shapes as well, The roll over lip make
me think it could very well be authentic. Also the the raised portion
leading up to the hole in the center does not appear to be of even size all
the way around, which it would be if it were a button. I think also the size
make it a slim chance it is a button. Also the metal around the hole is not
uniform and is more flattened and rolled over one one side. Dont think it is
a wrong, but like I said I cant be sure, but Larry is a very knowledgeable
guy who knows his meteorites, if he says it is a meteorite after having it
for a few years and examining it in person, I will take his word for it
until proved wrong. If I had to pay cash for it, I may then think about
having it examined further. But A great collection piece either way.

Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com