[meteorite-list] FW: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - May 8, 2010

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

   Those ebay links you provided were not listed by Larry, the guy who owns the Franconia iron, which I believe could very well be an iron meteorite, but not 100% sure.
   I have some Franonia irons with odd shapes as well, The roll over lip make me think it could very well be authentic. Also the the raised portion leading up to the hole in the center does not appear to be of even size all the way around, which it would be if it were a button. I think also the size make it a slim chance it is a button. Also the metal around the hole is not uniform and is more flattened and rolled over one one side. Dont think it is a wrong, but like I said I cant be sure, but Larry is a very knowledgeable guy who knows his meteorites, if he says it is a meteorite after having it for a few years and examining it in person, I will take his word for it until proved wrong. If I had to pay cash for it, I may then think about having it examined further. But A great collection piece either way.

 Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com