[meteorite-list] FW: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - May 8, 2010

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:11:42 -0400

Hi All,

Flanged buttons of this type are limited to tektites, which undergo a
vastly different formation process than meteorites. There are no
meteorite flanged buttons, or if there is, I have not seen in during
my experience of handling thousands of meteorites and seeing photos of
tens of thousands of meteorites. Nor I have ever read anything in the
scientific literature that allows for meteorite flanged buttons of
this type.

This is either a meteorwrong, or a million-dollar find of the century
- I'd bet on the former.

Best regards,

MikeG