[meteorite-list] OT- color/camera issues

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 19:37:44 -0400

Hi Greg,

The bright white background might be giving your camera problems -
cameras that have automatic image adjustment settings will
overcompensate when confronted with strong reflected light. Try
shooting against a neutral background like grey, light blue, or beige.
 Also, try tweaking the saturation in the Photoshop - if the colors
come out with a blue tint, try shifting the tone to a warmer setting.
If the colors come out with a sepia-look to them, try using a cooler
setting. I used to shoot against a white background, but since I
switched to a natural sand background, my photos look a lot better.

Best regards,

MikeG