[meteorite-list] Saw Blades

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:45:13 -0400

Hi All,

When I first bought my saw, I bought 4 blades to try them out. I
bought an off-brand (no-name) Chinese-made diamond blade, a Lapcraft
Dia-laser diamond blade, Meteorite CBN blade, and a super-thin (.006")
Lapcraft Dia-laser. The Chinese-made generic blade cut great at
first, but did not hold up. The CBN blade held up pretty well, but
the cuts were slow and it seemed to struggle even when cutting softer
chondrites. The Dia-Laser .006 was too thin for my pulley and saw, so
I sold it. The Lapcraft blade cuts smoothly, holds up well, and
doesn't rust. I made several hundred cuts with it before it finally
gave out and I bought a new one. The price is about the same for the
Lapcraft and Pro-Slicer blades.

General question - what is the advantage of the sintered blades?

Best regards and happy cutting!

MikeG