[meteorite-list] New evidence for microbial fossils in Martian meteorite

From: hxmendoza <hxmendoza_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

Phil,
No one has ever the Martian microbes were in an ocean. Only that there
was water in the environment the organisms grew in. And there has been
microrganisms found in and near basaltic rock. Seems that life finds
niches in many environments, even extremely hostile ones.

I would suggest to many on this list to read the book:
    The Rock from Mars by Kathy Sawyer

Just yesterday I watched a documentary episode of THE PLANETS that had
a researcher talking about microrganisms being found in volcanic rock
in remote and extreme places on earths surface. And let's not forget
the microorganisms that have been found near fumerols at the bottom of
the oceans.

I'm new to this listing and do not like some of the name calling and
such I've been reading while catching up. So please know that my
response is not to incite animosity but rather fruitful discussion.

Best regards to all!

Henry Mendoza
Aurora, CO

Sent from my iPod