[meteorite-list] WI Meteorites?

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:19:22 -0500

Mike,

How much time did you spend in the fields? How many farms did you search? How many people that live in the area did you bother to sit down with and talk to? I saw over 50 stones recovered by hunters and locals that never heard of this list. I sold my first stone to a guy from Racine. He never heard of this list.

The met-list is not the center of the universe although I have to admit that it is the first place I send every "local" I meet so they can see what things are selling for first hand and get a feel for who they're dealing with. I also suggest they search ebay for "Wisconsin meteorites" before they sell.

Naturally this skunks a lot of deals for me but at least I feel good knowing they aren't being ripped off by offers of 5 bucks a gram for oriented stones. Take that bucket off your head and open your eyes.

By the way, I said plenty left not plenty to go around.

Bill