[meteorite-list] WI strewn field map(preliminary) is Ready- and data request.

From: atul <atulkumar62_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:52:32 +0000

Hi all
Just returned from WI- 3 more days of data.

I had honored sonny clarys request to me to not release data or the prelim strewn field map last week monday with the understanding that his group would provide me with data of all their finds.

As of this morning sonny has advised me that he or his group will not be providing any data to me for a few weeks. I have decided to make my compliation of data for approx 75 finds public.

If you are in the area and need an area to search I pls email me off list with (WI strewn field map) and I will provide you with data- or call me- if you need an area now.

Please do provide reasons you would need the data- search, research or dealer.

If you have a confirmed find- with pics and weight- pls email it to off list- with WI data in the subject line.

I am especially curious about the
 2+ kg piece that has now disappeared. Did some dealer buy it and doesn't want anyone to know lest the price fall.
I have a pic of the 2 kg if anyone wishes to see it.
I also have a bearing on the 6 larger pieces that went thataway- in case anyone wishes to chase them down.

I believe the best way to recover stones in this and all falls is the free unrestricted sharing of find and modelling data.

 I thank Rob matson for his help and support,and all others who helped.
Its been fun.
Regards
Atul kumar
Cell - 219- 308-8282