[meteorite-list] Hunting WI

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jason -

Just a little background for you before you write again. Joe has been hunting for strewn fields in farmers' fields in just to the south for years, and come up dry so far, except for his re-hunts of known strewn fields. Remember Manteno?

Besides his two sons, Joe also has a wife. I don't know if you have one, and understand what that means in terms of meteorite hunting.

Now while some might like to see a meteorite kept whole, the only way to examine its composition, formation, etc. is by sampling, i.l. slicing.

So I would ask that you consider your words more carefully.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas