[meteorite-list] I thought of an idea on how to get around the price increase on eBay on some items

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

I think this is something that is very on topic as regards to ebay fees and such. Many people here buy and or sell meteorites on ebay and the fee increase will effect a certain portion of list members.
I personally cant afford to risk the chance of taking losses as my profit margins are thin as it is to list many items at .99 starting price.

I am not a large scale dealer like some out there, I sell to help build my collection and to fund meteorite related projects. Even one loss would work against what I sell.

Most of my items are fixed price. I will have to raise prices to make up for ebay fees as will many others.

I will be offering more deals from my website then on ebay, but my website is not known like ebay. As many have said, ebay is "the place" to sell. Its just getting tougher for smaller sellers like me to compete with bigger dealers who can afford to do the .99 listings.

As far as the idea of shipping fees, I wont be doing it.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682