[meteorite-list] Catalina Sky Survey

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:28:28 -0700

Shawn.

No I don't think that.

I believe it came from this paper:

http://asima.seti.org/2008TC3/nature07920.pdf

And this citation when the meteorite was named:

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=48915

and the fact that in continuing papers it has not been corrected.

LINEAR is an automated system. PAN-STARRS will be an automated system.
While the data reduction is automatic, the actual operation at Catalina relies
on the human observer being in control in real time, making decisions.

The images you cite are the CSS discovery images.

Richard