[meteorite-list] A Lorton thought....

From: Elizabeth Warner <warnerem_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:52:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mike,

I live in the area, so I'll try to take a stab at answering...

Snow plowed from the streets and most lots was generally plowed off to the
side of the road or lot where it eventually melted. I should have taken a
picture of the pile that was in the Pentagon lot... it was there last
weekend still, but this weekend (after several very nice days) it is
gone... The snow piles that were dumped over the edge of the parking
garage at campus were still there (they are on the north side of the
building)...

Some parking lots but mainly garages that couldn't plow snow to the side
would have it transported... not sure where though. I'm sure that around
Lorton, the neighborhood streets were plowed but the snow left in huge
drifts on the side of the road and on property....

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth