[meteorite-list] questions about Riker boxes or similar cases

From: Elizabeth Warner <ewarner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:19:33 -0400

So, I've got a growing little collection of about 20 pieces that are
currently still sitting in the original wrappings, boxes, envelopes, etc
that they were shipped in from you to me... Not the best way to show
them off.

I think I like the Riker type box but am worried about the glass
scratching (slices) or getting scratched by small irregular shaped
pieces. But I would have room in the box to include a note card with
information. I also saw a simple case on Gary's website that I think I
like...

I've also looked at the membrane boxes, but it doesn't seem as easy to
label... ?? And I'm not sure how sturdy they are... I have one specimen,
my first which was a gift from about 5 years ago, in one and even though
it has been sitting undisturbed in a rarely accessed office drawer, the
box seems pretty scratched up and the little edges on the top half have
broken off.

I've been googling and searching... ideally, I would have a cabinet,
where they could be displayed for folks to look at, but realistically, I
think that some kind of box in which I can include a more detailed label
would work for me.

Comments? Recommendations??

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth