[meteorite-list] eBay meteorite and crater

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:49:23 -0500

Gosh darn,

Just to point something out with my detective skills.... ;-) ..."flying
monkeys" feedback and feedback he has given show that he buys... Tactical
Boots, since 10.5,,,,, desert boots size 10,,, knives and biker patches....
You can put the pieces together with what he has said on the auction and to
the private emails he has sent.

As I mentioned earlier it looks like iron ore hematite and Jason Utas
mentioned he thought it was hematite too. Flying is in the Reno area so it
would be nice if it were a meteorite, but I guess until someone gets their
hands on a sample we can be safe in saying that it probably isn't, but that
isn't my call.

On the bids, you can see that a person with 15 feedbacks bid about every
other second or so near the end and won it at $500.

 It only shows the amount of the "highest bid" though to us outsiders of the
auction. When you see bids like that it meant he was bidding it above $500,
for example $510, then 2 seconds later $520, $550, $600 etc. You can't see
how high he went up to since only the highest winning bid amount shows, but
whomever he/she was they really wanted it since you are not able to bid 12
additional bids at the same amount so that is why he bid it up in higher
increments of probably $5-10 dollars when it gets above $500.

Anyhow it's too late or too early.

I wish you all well.

Take care,

Brian