[meteorite-list] eBay meteorite and crater

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:51:04 EDT

>>Possibilities, but probably not. The crater looks like what's left
after a
tree falls over and is removed. This find (or not) is courtesy of the
Meteorite Men. Whaddya think?: <<

The berm seems to be too high for an impact. I'd expect the material to
have been thrown further from the pit and not built up that much immediately
around the hole. The carancas crater didn't have as high of a berm
surrounding the hole that I recall? The berm also reminds me of holes I've made
while working a dry wash machine looking for gold in Big Bear, CA.
GeoZay