[meteorite-list] Meteor and Smoke Trail

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Bernd and all...

I might point out the Astronomy Picture of the Day from August 31st, 2006.

This image was made by Adam Block as a composite image. I used our 1.5-m (60") telescope on Mt. Lemmon for the luminance frame and Adam used Astronomy Camp's 0.30-m (12") LX-200 telescope for the RGB images.

It shows just what that telescope can do when used for deep sky imaging and time is taken to process the images to their fullest. When surveying for NEOs, a quick and dirty processing (essentially just dividing out a flat frame) is more than sufficient.

BTW, the full field of the 1.5-m is one degree square.

Cheers

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography