[meteorite-list] Meteorite Men - was Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 22, 2010

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

I would agree that a few shows on historic and educational outreach would be a good thing, but Im sure they probably have rather limited input on the direction of the show. That said, I would like to hear them comment of the possibilities of doing more in this area.
The show is a great tool to bring more new people into meteorites, but as with anything (baseball cards, toys etc) when there is a value and increase in interest, there will be scammers that come in to try to make the quick buck.
Overall, the show is one of the best marketing tools the meteorite world has seen.
Keep it up guys, as others have said, there is room to grow!

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites