[meteorite-list] Keeping a meteorite database

From: karmaka at email.de <karmaka_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:50:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi Elizabeth

The program is called "GS Mineralien-Verwaltung 2"
and I'm quite happy with it (link to shareware 30-day trial version
in former message below, or have a look at EBAY offer: article number 300408408495 ).
It has almost all the categories Don Edwards mentioned in his message.

No, you didn't miss any message.I just forgot to add them.
You find them below.I checked again, I'm afraid
one can only change the user interface language to English.
The category field names can apparently not be changed to English.
One can define 5 new field names though.
Maybe you can contact the programmer (Gert Spie?hofer: info at sammlersoftware.de)
motivating him to provide a version with English category field names.
If you want to use it in German, I could provide translation of category names into
English.

All the best

Martin
Hi Martin,

Is there a link?? (Or did I miss an email?)

Clear
 Skies!
Elizabeth

Hi Steve

it's a multilanguage version.There is only one version.
You must download it, install it
and then within the program, which is first in German,
you can change the language (at least the 'user interface language'
I don't know yet how to change the category names to English)

Just click in the following order:

Start on top with: 1. Bearbeiten
2. Einstellungen
3. Allgemein
4. Benutzeroberflachensprache (user interface language)

There it says Deutsch (German)
and you can change it to English

That's it
Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at the website and I can't find where an English version is available. Where is that located?

thanx,
Steve

Steve Witt
IMCA #9020

Hi Steve

There is an excellent German shareware program called

'GS Mineralienverwaltung'

which works very well for minerals and meteorites.

You can also select English as language.

I like to use this program. A 30-day trial version can be downloaded here:

http://www.shareware.de/gs-mineralien-verwaltung/

Screenshots here: http://www.sammlersoftware.de/gs-mineralienverwaltung-2-p-81.html

Contact to seller and programmer Gert Spie?hofer: info at sammlersoftware.de

price for activated version: 19.95 EUROS (~ $ 26.50 )

Hope this helps. Contact me in case you have any further question.

Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----