[meteorite-list] Keeping a meteorite database

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

HI Elizabeth.

I'm not using anything more fancy than Open Office's "Calc", the freeware spreadsheet.

The fields I use are:

Meteorite Name
Classification
Weight / Form
Notes
Price Paid
Price/Gram
Dealer
Date Purchased

Most are self explanatory save for maybe the "weight / form". Form is micro, part slice, full slice, fragment, individual.

Maybe not all the details that other may want, but it works for me. I don't include images of my specimens, but it would be easy enough to add this to the data if I so desired.

I'm still pretty new too, seriously collecting for less than a year. 106 in the collection and one more currently on the way.

Richard Kowalski