[meteorite-list] The Sniper Mentality

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:57:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Richard,

My expertise is ART, "moderan art" Once at a online Auction. I seen a painting, That I knew was a $5,000.-$7,000. painting. The est. was only $100.-200. dollars, I knew this painting was placed in the wrong category
at this auction. So, most people did not go into this category looking for good paintings!

But I knew a few might! So I waited, till the end of the auction, and put in my bid, seconds before it ended! I got this painting for only $168.00
dollars.

When it comes to collecting, If you know the value of what is for sale!
(or just love it, and have to have it)
and you know it is under valued, (if you really want it cheap) YOU SNIPE IT! ME myself could never afford to pay gallery price!

I do not know enough about meteorites, and am not in the position to do so
now, But if I could, YES, ON A, ON LINE AUCTION, THAT I KNEW WAS selling at a fraction of the price!!!!!!!! .......i would snipe every time.

Only because of my life-long art research, and these opportunities, is my a
apt. a little modern art museum. I wish 25 years ago I know about meteorites!

Dave Myers