[meteorite-list] The Sniper Mentality

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:30:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list again,

I have been bidding and watching an item on eBay for the past few days and I wish I had gotton the 46g Norton Meteorite at $600 or so but that wasn't the case. Before I went down in the subway to go home I got on my phone to watch the clock tick on the eBay item I was wishing I could get but I knew It wasn't going to happen.
?
As the clock went down the price stayed steady for the remaining 4 minutes. But it wasn't till the last few seconds that the price went from $800 to $850 and I thought to myself, WOW the winner is going to make a killing. In the back of my head I was wishing I was him/her but I don't have the leisure to spend that much on a meteorite. But when I thought it was over it wasn't and when the clock stopped the auction was over and the winning bidder got the Norton County meteorite at $1,225 not to mention its from Dr LaPaz estate, what a deal. Here is a link of the auction.....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=230447906846&showauto=true

At any rate the winner got a great meteorite and did it smart. If I had money and I knew I would do anything to get it, I would place my bid at $3000, that's a guaranty that I would get, but again, it could lead to high costs if I have someone else that wants it more then me.

So the morel to the story is, if you want the item, then you will do anything to get it. If this means you wait to the last seconds to?bid, or hire a third party to bid for you, or put a max bid in a day before the bid ends, you do what ever it takes :) But?at?the end of the day what?comes down to it is?who placed the highest bid?in the allotted time.

Shawn Alan

[meteorite-list] The Sniper Mentality
Richard Kowalski damoclid at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 19:58:00 EDT 2010