[meteorite-list] Ad Ebay sellers must see

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:02:40 -0500

Eric, List,

Craigslist is a privately held company. eBay purchased
a block of shares in Craigslist from an individual share-
holder and got a seat on the Craigslist board. After eBay
launched their own free classified service to compete with
Craigslist, the Craigistas tossed them off the board by
issuing enough new shares to dilute eBay's 28-odd%
share to less than 25%, which does not qualify for a Board
seat. This is a time honored and perfectly legal technique
to squeeze one's mortal enemies out of the family. Ebay
decided to sue, and the two are now entangled in a life-or-death
legal struggle as Craigslist tries to jettison eBay:
http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/ebusiness/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222000908

After a year or so of maneuvering the suit went to trial in
Dec., 2009. No decision yet. This story contains a link to
the lawsuit filing itself:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/01/paidcontent/main4061009.shtml?source=RSSattr=SciTech_4061009

Wait and see.

Sterling K. Webb