[meteorite-list] Electric metallic blue inclusion inEnsisheim(the photo)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:33:18 -0700

Hello Phil, All,
I'm pretty sure Jeff is right on this one - I found a similar
inclusion in a piece of Tamdakht recently, and upon inspection with a
microscope, it became apparent that the bright blue inclusion I'd seen
was merely an opaque and iridescent film on the surface of a troilite
inclusion. As has been noted, a similar phenomenon occurs with
"peacock ore," and on many other metallic minerals as well. It's some
sort of a byproduct of oxidation on the surface of the inclusion.
Regards,
Jason