[meteorite-list] Ad Announcing the

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:39:42 -0700 (PDT)

Knock Knock, Who's there, Count, Count who, Count that found the big honker :) congrats

Count, when you have a chance click on this link on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280478300077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It looks like this could be one of Tims cm wood cubes. Well that is what I would assume that its a cm cube because that has been the standard I have seen day in and day out with orientation cubes. Now for argument sake, lets say its the inch cube and the only reference I can go off of is the image with no text. By default, I would assume its a cm size cube cause that has been the standard. But in actuality its the inch cube, or who knows, it could be 2.5 inch cube or 1.3 inch cube or a foot cube.

Now this can cause some confusion when people use orientation cubes as a set standard for scale. When the scale changes in size the orientation cube has no use now when a new size is introduced. I like that he made the inch cube in celebration for your big find. I think it would have been more fitting and fun if he also branded the wooden cube to say The Count Cube to distinguish it from his cm wood cubes that he sells. Cause what might happen now is people might take the inch cube and use it as an orientation cube scale and this could cause confusion if you cant see the inch etched in the cube because all of the other orientation cubes are cm.

Lastly, the last part of the post I said

"Now I think if you made the inch orientation cube
> ornate looking and pushed the humor by altering it so it
> doesn't resemble the cm wooden orientation cubes, I could
> see people not getting confused with the inch orientation
> cube and they would see the humor in it."

The Humor was referring to Tim saying hes having fun and not being serious in regards to the inch cube. I was only suggesting a way for him to have fun with the inch cube so that it wouldn't look like his cm cube and people wouldnt get them confused.

Shawn Alan