[meteorite-list] Ad Announcing the "Count" cube Scale / Orientation cube

From: Starsinthedirt at aol.com <Starsinthedirt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:48:03 EDT

Hi Shawn and List, I do not intend to sound sarcastic. It is a sincere
question when I ask if a standard scale cube size has been established.

In meteorites we have perhaps become accustomed to 1 cm but that might be
a result of what was first marketed to this community. In other fields are
different sizes the norm?

I have seen many objects used for size reference and since I started this
I was asked by a well respected meteorite expert if I could make a small
scale cube. They only work with relatively small features.

I tried to rise to the challenge, I even found 1mm letter punch stamps but
the small size couldn't stand the stamping process. The cubes just
crushed. That and I wasn't good at keeping the cube dimensions constant at the
very small size.

Tom

In a message dated 3/14/2010 10:31:32 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,