[meteorite-list] FW: QUESTION RE METEORITES AND POP CULTURE

From: The Tricottet Collection <tricottetcoll_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:02:43 +0000

A few refs coming to mind:

In comics:
Wozniac, O. and Yann (1999), Chasseurs d?Etoiles, 1. Zoia, Dupuis, Belgium
Wozniac, O. and Yann (2000), Chasseurs d?Etoiles, 2. Une m?t?orite dans le r?troviseur, Dupuis, Belgium
Wozniac, O. and Yann (2001), Chasseurs d?Etoiles, 3. Impacts sur le green, Dupuis, Belgium
No Name (1978), Popeye the Sailor in The Swamp County Meteorite Site Heavyweight Fight!, Whitman, no. 140, King Features Syndicate, Inc.

In one Superman movie, one of the most recent ones: A real pallasite is shown as being a Kriptonite fragment

Several episodes of Outer Limits with meteorites full of exotic stuff inside

X Files, the Tunguska episode

etc...

ArnaudM

The Tricottet Collection of Natural History Specimens
(Minerals, Fossils & Meteorites)
www.thetricottetcollection.com
Facebook: The Tricottet Collection
Twitter: TricottetColl

> From: darryl at dof3.com
> To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:42:26 -0500
> Subject: [meteorite-list] QUESTION RE METEORITES AND POP CULTURE
>

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm attempting to create a comprehensive list of pop cultural
> references in recent years in which meteorites appear in a supporting
> or lead role. I'm primarily looking at works of fiction but
> scientific references of the pop cultural ilk will be similarly
> welcome. Looking for films, TV, books, etc.
>
> Any input would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks so much, and wishing you a good weekend,
>
> Darryl

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.